One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(especially of a bacterium) producing a toxin or toxic effect.
- ‘Exposure to toxigenic spores, which circulated from unfiltered gravity-fed air heating systems, combined with environmental tobacco smoke, was linked with acute pulmonary hemorrhage among the infants.’
- ‘The dead spores are still allergenic and toxigenic.’
- ‘There, by colonizing the peanut pod zone, the mold becomes a living shield against toxigenic fungi.’
- ‘Blood samples were drawn from the patients and from 40 age- and sex-matched control subjects who had no history of exposure to toxigenic indoor molds or symptoms associated with such exposure.’
- ‘Simultaneous detection of antibodies against both toxigenic fungi and their mycotoxins may indicate occupational exposure to molds and their metabolites in a subpopulation of individuals exposed to molds.’
- ‘Of the 32 babies Dearborn and his colleagues have treated, he says, ‘Ninety percent have come from water-damaged homes containing toxigenic fungi and environmental tobacco smoke.’’
- ‘Undiluted and diluted cell free filtrates of isolates and known toxigenic and non-toxigenic bacteria were added to Vero cell monolayer in microtitre plates.’
- ‘At the time of venous blood drawing, these individuals did not present the neurological and behavioral symptoms found in patients exposed to toxigenic molds.’
- ‘They say that the increased risk might be associated with toxigenic species of bacteria, such as Staphylococcus aureus, which grow well in body fluids that contaminate mattresses.’
- ‘Interestingly, some toxigenic strains of clostridial species other than C botulinum are capable of producing botulinum neurotoxin.’
- ‘In addition, toxigenic bacteria that have been implicated in sudden infant death syndrome do reside in used infant mattresses.’
- ‘Another grain mold, Penicillium grain mold (Penicillium ear rot), can cause embryo discoloration known as ‘blue eye’ and lead to the production of penicillic acid, which is not usually a toxigenic concern.’
- ‘Several species of fungi that colonize corn produce mycotoxins, however not all isolates of a toxigenic species produce mycotoxins and isolates capable of producing a mycotoxin do not always synthesize the toxin.’
- ‘Bordello et al. were the first to demonstrate C. perfringens enterotoxin with high counts of toxigenic organisms in patients with diarrhoea after antibiotic treatment.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.