One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The branch of science concerned with the nature, effects, and detection of poisons.
- ‘Consequently, they and others argue that animal toxicology and animal data must cause us to ban DDT as a precaution.’
- ‘Development of the science of metal toxicology has been seriously hindered by the use of incorrect terminology.’
- ‘This book represents an important contribution to neurology, toxicology and pharmacology.’
- ‘The first rule of toxicology is that all chemicals produce an effect, but it is the dose that makes the poison.’
- ‘Resuscitation, toxicology, and clinical criteria for imaging represent some of the core topics of the practice of emergency medicine.’
- ‘It was divided into internal medicine, diseases of the head, surgery, toxicology, etc.’
- ‘The mean proportion of negative urines was used as the aggregated outcome measure for weekly urine toxicology.’
- ‘Urine toxicology was positive for opiates prior to in-hospital sedation.’
- ‘The main thrust of the book is to describe the toxicology and pharmacology of herbal products.’
- ‘Demanding that trials maximise their gathering of information on toxicology improves a protocol's balance of risk and social value.’
- ‘They adopted many of the methods used in classical toxicology for application to device materials.’
- ‘Clinical toxicology is a topic instructed at some level in most colleges of pharmacy.’
- ‘It is more of a compendium than a comprehensive text on the toxicology of poisons.’
- ‘I am a medical student currently doing a rotation in toxicology at the poison control centre.’
- ‘The four tiers of text cover aspects of environmental toxicology from the molecular to the ecosystem level.’
- ‘I hope that the science of genetic toxicology will remain sufficiently strong in the UK to guarantee their continued involvement.’
- ‘And it is a concern that reproductive toxicology is such an under-resourced area.’
- ‘At the time, his views were seen as revolutionary, but they mark the beginnings of modern toxicology.’
- ‘Neither I nor most of my colleagues are romantic about forensic toxicology.’
- ‘A good example of a harmful nanoparticle is titanium dioxide, which has been used in toxicology for a long time and established as an inert substance.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.