One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1The branch of science concerned with the nature, effects, and detection of poisons.
- ‘Urine toxicology was positive for opiates prior to in-hospital sedation.’
- ‘Clinical toxicology is a topic instructed at some level in most colleges of pharmacy.’
- ‘A good example of a harmful nanoparticle is titanium dioxide, which has been used in toxicology for a long time and established as an inert substance.’
- ‘They adopted many of the methods used in classical toxicology for application to device materials.’
- ‘I am a medical student currently doing a rotation in toxicology at the poison control centre.’
- ‘The main thrust of the book is to describe the toxicology and pharmacology of herbal products.’
- ‘Development of the science of metal toxicology has been seriously hindered by the use of incorrect terminology.’
- ‘It was divided into internal medicine, diseases of the head, surgery, toxicology, etc.’
- ‘This book represents an important contribution to neurology, toxicology and pharmacology.’
- ‘Neither I nor most of my colleagues are romantic about forensic toxicology.’
- ‘Demanding that trials maximise their gathering of information on toxicology improves a protocol's balance of risk and social value.’
- ‘The first rule of toxicology is that all chemicals produce an effect, but it is the dose that makes the poison.’
- ‘And it is a concern that reproductive toxicology is such an under-resourced area.’
- ‘It is more of a compendium than a comprehensive text on the toxicology of poisons.’
- ‘At the time, his views were seen as revolutionary, but they mark the beginnings of modern toxicology.’
- ‘Consequently, they and others argue that animal toxicology and animal data must cause us to ban DDT as a precaution.’
- ‘I hope that the science of genetic toxicology will remain sufficiently strong in the UK to guarantee their continued involvement.’
- ‘The four tiers of text cover aspects of environmental toxicology from the molecular to the ecosystem level.’
- ‘The mean proportion of negative urines was used as the aggregated outcome measure for weekly urine toxicology.’
- ‘Resuscitation, toxicology, and clinical criteria for imaging represent some of the core topics of the practice of emergency medicine.’
2usually as modifier The measurement and analysis of potential toxins, intoxicating or banned substances, and prescription medications present in a person's body.‘toxicology reports will determine if alcohol was a factor in the crash’‘the estimated completion time frame for toxicology will be 6–8 weeks’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.