One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘This seed of psychological denial festered toxically when the New England entrepreneurs abandoned overseas trade and discovered manufacturing labor relations and factories at home.’
- ‘America is fuelled by a faith that toxically mixes puritanism and capitalism, ‘personal growth’ (as the self-help manuals call it) and financial gain.’
- ‘He pulled himself from his room with all the enthusiasm of a pallbearer, irritation mixing toxically with his present self-hatred as he chased them lazily through the unit.’
- ‘From within the amalgam, I was surprised to detect a hint of cigar smoke, a Black and Mild, and that scent whisked me quickly back to ballparks and football fields, where I had happily inhaled the toxically sweet fumes many times before.’
- ‘They have the most toxically polluted air in America.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.