One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A head of tow-colored or very blond hair.
- ‘Fox concluded: ‘In his yellow sweater and beltless blue double-knits, his towhead catching the slanting light, there can be no denying he is the predator.’’
- 1.1 A person with very blond hair.
- ‘The truth was, he wore ‘knickers’ for the same reason Jerry Pate used to swan dive into water hazards, to distinguish himself from an infinite number of towheads.’
- ‘Now when Gehrig, who is 9, visits them, he represents life, a strong, handsome towhead.’
- ‘I think it was Peter Mel who told me that his PWC used a four-stroke engine, and I'm sure that many towheads will be switching to them in the near future.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.