One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a structure) having a tower or towers.‘a towered church’‘towered walls’in combination ‘a twin-towered gatehouse’
- ‘A beautiful, twin-towered arch stood at the opposite side of the bridge.’
- ‘He was otherwise extremely reticent about the place, as all who have passed through its towered gateway are.’
- ‘A green neon cross shone out from the grey stone twin-towered Catholic church.’
- ‘The festival's principal events are mounted at an enchanting and intimate towered church.’
- ‘The story begins with a sad, little boy, who lives in an old towered building.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.