One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The boundary line on each side of the field.
- ‘Having won a free-kick out on the left touchline, the midfielder whipped the ball deep into the box.’
- ‘What's more they don't even have to make every decision themselves because of two equally inept individuals who maraud up and down the touchlines waving their flags whenever it appears appropriate.’
- ‘Howley, hemmed in on the left flank, dabbed a clever grubber kick up the touchline, and set off in pursuit.’
- ‘Minutes before the end sections of the crowd streamed over the fence around the ground and formed groups around the touchlines, often overflowing onto the field.’
- ‘Ronaldo is getting his knee sprayed on the touchline, but appears to be okay.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.