One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The boundary line on each side of the field.
- ‘Minutes before the end sections of the crowd streamed over the fence around the ground and formed groups around the touchlines, often overflowing onto the field.’
- ‘What's more they don't even have to make every decision themselves because of two equally inept individuals who maraud up and down the touchlines waving their flags whenever it appears appropriate.’
- ‘Howley, hemmed in on the left flank, dabbed a clever grubber kick up the touchline, and set off in pursuit.’
- ‘Ronaldo is getting his knee sprayed on the touchline, but appears to be okay.’
- ‘Having won a free-kick out on the left touchline, the midfielder whipped the ball deep into the box.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.