A small tropical American toucan with mainly green plumage.
- ‘Toucans range from 20 inches to 25 inches while toucanets and aracaris are from 14 inches to 16 inches in length.’
- ‘The Guianan toucanet is almost exclusively found in the forest and savanna region.’
- ‘Although Ramphastos toucans are impressive, I prefer some of the smaller araçaris and toucanets.’
- ‘The toucanets have mostly green plumage with blue markings.’
- ‘Unfortunately, toucans are quite expensive; toucanets and aracaris are less expensive.’
Early 19th century: diminutive of toucan.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.