One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Totally.as submodifier ‘it's summer so it's light all the time plus the scenery is totes amazing’‘this is pretty embarrassing but I was totes asleep’‘I'm tots scared right now’‘either way is totes fine with me’
completely, absolutely, entirely, wholly, fully, thoroughly, utterly, quite, altogether, one hundred per centView synonyms
- ‘Just totes embarrassed my friend by honking frantically when I found myself behind him at a red light.’
- ‘Claudia is totes in love with old-time sculpture and artwork.’
- ‘I am totes shocked that a mere two glasses of red wine can produce a hangover.’
- ‘You must have been so totes angry.’
- ‘Hugo and Millie are totes getting into this couple thing and have a romantic picnic a deux in someone's back garden.’
- ‘I am totes getting married tomorrow you guys!’
- ‘The open back with skinny, spidery straps is totes beautiful.’
- ‘We have no fur babies which makes us totes sad but our dwelling space doesn't allow for them, only for obnoxious neighbors.’
- ‘I'm totes hungover but still going to yoga.’
- ‘I totes love to bake cake.’
Early 21st century: alteration of totally.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.