One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Sexton's reluctance to conclude her writing on a resounding, authoritative, and thus normative and reassuring note is a sign of refusal to concede to totalization and of a wish to keep multiple interpretive possibilities open.’
- ‘It is clear from your writing that you see such phrases as part of our colonial legacy and that you constantly struggle with language to create words which challenge constrictive totalizations.’
- ‘The functionalist sublime, conversely, dictates that a literary or artistic work have no object of representation: its meaning or significance lies in its totalization as sheer material facticity.’
- ‘This is both a simplification and a totalization of human participation in communications technology, and measurement of the human gaze is one of its key interfaces.’
- ‘There is a restriction of the types of discourse and thus a tendency against all totalizations; thus also the guiding principle of postmodernism.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.