A Mexican deep-fried tortilla topped with a seasoned mixture of beans, ground meat, and vegetables.
- ‘Minerva's healthy-looking 9-year-old daughter chatters in English as she wolfs down tostadas at the table with the other kids.’
- ‘I look in the cabinets, grab some tostadas, shred some chicken, and make some appetizers before dinner.’
- ‘Fry tortillas until crisp an you have what is essentially a tostada.’
- ‘For the flaxseed tostadas, in a commercial blender on low speed, purée the flaxseeds, garlic, cilantro, lemon, and enough water to form a smooth paste.’
- ‘Stale but not dried-out tortillas can be converted into tostadas by frying them and serving with some kind of topping - melted cheese, guacamole, fried beans, or shredded meat and salad.’
- ‘In a Mexican grotto on 14th Street, kitsch provides the kick, but it's shrimp tostadas and earthy enchiladas that keep the crowds returning to El Rey del Sol.’
- ‘Be assured, however, that these white tacos and tostadas are just as tasty and delicious as those made with yellow corn.’
- ‘Tacos, enchiladas, tostadas and burritos can be ordered as either entrées or mains, and are ordered per item (for example: a beef taco is $3.60, a chicken burrito is $8.00).’
- ‘She explains the difference between chimichangas, burritos, tacos, tostadas, enchiladas and fajitas.’
- ‘You get pumping Latin jazz four nights a week while you sit on comfy couches tasting Latino snacks like tostados and corn kernels.’
- ‘For the next few minutes, I ate my tostada salad.’
- ‘As for more mainstream Mexican fare, the buffet has it all: tostadas, tacos, quesadillas, fajitas and a make-your-own burrito bar.’
- ‘The other selection was a vegetarian tostada, a bed of lettuce with a corn tortilla and the usual suspects - sweetcorn, salsa, cheese and sour cream.’
- ‘The first time I made this recipe, I made very tasty thick tostadas, which was a nice surprise.’
- ‘A nearly identical ground-beef tostada sits nearby, layered with those great bacony beans, and that makes me happy, too.’
- ‘There are also the Fajitas Californianas, standard but fresh and tasty fajitas made on four tortillas, and the Tostada de pollo, a corn tostada topped with grilled chicken, cheese and chipotle chilli sauce.’
- ‘Next up is a Mexican section preparing chicken, beef or pork fajitas, plus tostadas, Veracruz style fish, stuffed bell peppers and refried beans, with many Mexican sauces and condiments to go with them.’
- ‘This is cheap, but the tostadas are an even better deal.’
- ‘No matter where your tastes take you, serve the tostada with pinto beans and Mexican rice for a satisfying weeknight fiesta.’
- ‘She also sells a variety of goods from Mexico, including vanilla, bouillon, hot sauces and peppers, corn tostadas and all ingredients needed to make tamales, including cornhusks and seasonings.’
Spanish, literally toasted past participle of tostar.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.