One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who inflicts severe pain on someone as a punishment or in order to force them to do or say something.‘they died at the hands of sadistic torturers’
- ‘Victims confronted their torturers directly.’
- ‘At least these torturers will be shamed and punished.’
- ‘I cannot go into the atrocities the torturers inflicted upon her.’
- ‘The subject of the torture will indeed tell the torturer anything he or she wants to here in order to stop the physical torture.’
- ‘During the early 1980s, he developed a reputation as a brutal torturer and interrogator.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.