One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Experiencing or characterized by severe physical or mental suffering.‘he is a tormented genius’‘her tormented past’
- ‘Every day he wakes up to an increasingly tormented family.’
- ‘Her gentle touch soothes his tormented soul.’
- ‘We learn of his tormented childhood.’
- ‘The experts explain her behavior as due to her tormented abusive past.’
- ‘She is caught in a loop, doomed to repeat her lonely, tormented existence day after day.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.