Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Of the highest level or quality.‘a top-tier medical school’
- ‘The top-tier accounting firms, which have grown enormously in the past decade, are divided on this point.’
- ‘Unlike Vaas, his record against the top-tier teams is rather modest: 25 wickets in 24 matches at more than 40.’
- ‘Now Ahmad is in his seventh year as a IFBB professional bodybuilder, and a top-tier one at that.’
- ‘The bodybuilding aficionados deserve to get what they pay for when they throw down $200 for prime seats at a top-tier show.’
- ‘The answer lies in part with the fierce competition for top-tier executive talent.’
- ‘Frequent cameos by top-tier actors pepper the film.’
- ‘That said, its supply contracts with top-tier PC manufacturers may preclude such a move.’
- ‘They're just as great as their designer counterpart, thanks to top-tier styling and a very reasonable price.’
- ‘The most recent layoffs were made after the company missed its target of selling its software to 100 top-tier banks.’
- ‘And meanwhile, the hemorraging exodus of the remaining top-tier talent out of Britain's universities continues apace.’
- ‘You'll need a top-tier consulting team to manage the project, which, with sufficient staffing, can be rolled out in a year.’
- ‘Today, he's still the only African American among the lab of top-tier researchers.’
- ‘Enrollment of women in top-tier law schools has steadily increased from 40 percent in 1985 to almost 50 percent in 2000.’
- ‘Some think it may never return as a top-tier pharmaceutical company and might be forced into a merger.’
- ‘Pretty much a dogfight there in New Hampshire between these top-tier candidates.’
- ‘Other candidates whom I have not yet interviewed don't seem, on paper at least, to be top-tier recruits.’
- ‘And the last thing a chef in a top-tier restaurant wants to do is scrimp on ingredients.’
- ‘With it, Sloan hoped to propel the school out of sleepy mediocrity and make it a top-tier institution.’
- ‘The event last November combined on-water instruction in bass fishing by top-tier professional anglers with classroom sessions at the institute.’
- ‘Should any of the top-tier players falter, there is no shortage of candidates ready to step in.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.