One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It was a magnificent triumph for the Gillingham-based Emma to take on and beat the top-notchers from the high profile sports of football, cricket, triathlon and superbike.’
- ‘She started off as a big band vocalist and graduated from there to be one of the top-notchers of our time.’
- ‘‘The next two or three signings we make are going to be top-notchers and I mean real top-notchers,’ he said.’
- ‘One or two prospective top-notchers have already had a run-out, notably Henrietta Knight's Best Mate at Exeter on Tuesday.’
- ‘Uppermost in Ella's mind is to ensure that top-notchers are all fit to face the English side in a crucial Heineken Cup tie.’
- ‘The City chief has vowed to bring in two or three top-notchers before the start of the season, but has set no time limit on his transfer activity.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.