One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Of the highest quality; excellent.‘the songs are really top-class’‘a top-class Shakespearean actor’
- ‘In fact, Ireland has some top-class English Premiership players.’
- ‘The problem is that this top-class listening experience usually comes with a hefty price tag.’
- ‘After two weeks of top-class tennis, the Wimbledon field has been whittled down to two finalists.’
- ‘Often when you read a top-class book a second time you appreciate it more.’
- ‘The motel was a pretty place, but it wasn't top-class.’
- ‘The beaches are superb and have attracted a small clutch of top-class hotels.’
- ‘The food is a pricey but top-class mix of French, Mexican and local dishes.’
- ‘It is a fact that physical fitness is most important in the making of a top-class athlete.’
- ‘Two venues have been earmarked for a series of top-class recitals and concerts.’
- ‘Jimmy was an outstanding Galway hurler who became a top-class referee.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.