Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A message that appears when a cursor is positioned over an icon, image, hyperlink, or other element in a graphical user interface.
- ‘You should add an empty title attribute too, to suppress the tooltip in visual browsers.’
- ‘On lines 48-64, we create a status line where the menu tool tips will be displayed.’
- ‘You can float the mouse over the button and a tool tip will pop up with the command name.’
- ‘If something isn't immediately obvious, putting the cursor over it will bring up a tool tip telling you all relevant information.’
- ‘He also mentions that visual browsers can display it as a tooltip or on the status line.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.