Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A message that appears when a cursor is positioned over an icon, image, hyperlink, or other element in a graphical user interface.
- ‘You should add an empty title attribute too, to suppress the tooltip in visual browsers.’
- ‘If something isn't immediately obvious, putting the cursor over it will bring up a tool tip telling you all relevant information.’
- ‘You can float the mouse over the button and a tool tip will pop up with the command name.’
- ‘On lines 48-64, we create a status line where the menu tool tips will be displayed.’
- ‘He also mentions that visual browsers can display it as a tooltip or on the status line.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.