One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A message which appears when a cursor is positioned over an icon, image, hyperlink, or other element in a graphical user interface.
- ‘You can float the mouse over the button and a tool tip will pop up with the command name.’
- ‘You should add an empty title attribute too, to suppress the tooltip in visual browsers.’
- ‘On lines 48-64, we create a status line where the menu tool tips will be displayed.’
- ‘If something isn't immediately obvious, putting the cursor over it will bring up a tool tip telling you all relevant information.’
- ‘He also mentions that visual browsers can display it as a tooltip or on the status line.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.