One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in a program with a graphical user interface) a strip of icons used to perform certain functions.
- ‘Above the graphics area is a menu bar and two customizable toolbars.’
- ‘Most programmers eventually have to manipulate bitmaps for icons or toolbars, and most programmers don't have a good bitmap editor available.’
- ‘If this ever happens to you, here's how to literally ‘lock’ the toolbars and status bar in place so they don't disappear or move again.’
- ‘There was no way to design the whole main window, with menubars, toolbars and statusbar.’
- ‘Some programs installed toolbars or special searches or served pop-up ads onto people's machines.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.