One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who directs the drilling on an oil rig.
- ‘On a bi-weekly basis, the tool pushers meet with the company's drilling superintendent and the safety director to discuss the safety program along with other matters.’
- ‘In graduate school I taught freshman history classes and shared an office with a fellow whose former career had been tool pusher on an offshore rig.’
- ‘In the early oil-development days, roughnecks, drillers, tool pushers and equipment haulers literally wallowed in the mud, dropping pipe and running oil wells around the clock.’
- ‘In the event the tool pusher is not on site, the drill rig operator or driller assumes this responsibility.’
- ‘To advance from an entry-level position to being a tool pusher may require 10-15 years.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.