- ‘There, Robert can treat himself to a personalised ‘gentlemen's programme ’, which offers a series of treatments to revive his tonicity, balance and energy.’
The pattern of tones or stress in speech.
The state of a solution in respect of osmotic pressure.‘the tonicity of the fluid’
- ‘Hyponatremia in association with normal tonicity is a laboratory phenomenon.’
- ‘Antidiuretic hormone, which is secreted in response to stimuli such as changes in blood volume, tonicity, and blood pressure, is the primary regulator of body water.’
- ‘Betaine is one of several compounds used by cells to regulate osmotic pressure and has been recognized as an important osmolyte that maintains cellular tonicity.’
- ‘It is because the solution has the same tonicity as blood.’
- ‘As the electrolytes shift out of the cells, fluid shifts into the cells so that the tonicity matches that of the extracellular space.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.