One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘There, Robert can treat himself to a personalised ‘gentlemen's programme ’, which offers a series of treatments to revive his tonicity, balance and energy.’
The pattern of tones or stress in speech.
The state of a solution in respect of osmotic pressure.‘the tonicity of the fluid’
- ‘Antidiuretic hormone, which is secreted in response to stimuli such as changes in blood volume, tonicity, and blood pressure, is the primary regulator of body water.’
- ‘Hyponatremia in association with normal tonicity is a laboratory phenomenon.’
- ‘As the electrolytes shift out of the cells, fluid shifts into the cells so that the tonicity matches that of the extracellular space.’
- ‘It is because the solution has the same tonicity as blood.’
- ‘Betaine is one of several compounds used by cells to regulate osmotic pressure and has been recognized as an important osmolyte that maintains cellular tonicity.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.