One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Wooden planking in which adjacent boards are joined by means of interlocking ridges and grooves down their sides.
- ‘The ceiling has a light washed tongue and groove cladding and exposed oak beams, while the flooring is recently laid birch.’
- ‘Also at this level is the spacious bathroom, which features recessed lighting, tongue and groove panelling, a period style bath with telephone shower and a separate power shower.’
- ‘The houses will also have tongue and groove timber flooring upstairs and walled back gardens.’
- ‘The long, narrow entrance hall is decorated in a rich orange colour and features tongue and groove wooden flooring.’
- ‘The material comes in individual boards with tongue and groove edges, roughly eight inches wide by four feet long.’
- ‘The flooring is tongue and groove flooring and there is a nicely fitted kitchen and fully tiled bathroom.’
- ‘A high ceiling and original coving are found in the entrance hall, off which the dining room has tongue and groove wooden floors and an open fireplace.’
- ‘All the houses will feature gas-fired central heating, tongue and groove flooring upstairs and recessed lighting throughout the ground level.’
- ‘There are tongue and groove stained wooden floors throughout and the master bedroom includes an en suite bathroom.’
- ‘Laminate flooring is a tongue and groove interlocking flooring system that rests on top of the existing substrate.’
- ‘It is painted in warm yellow tones and fitted with varnished tongue and groove floorboards, a picture rail and a fireplace with cast-iron inset and black granite hearth.’
- ‘Features will include oil fired central heating, contemporary fitted kitchens, tongue and groove flooring upstairs and French doors leading to the back gardens.’
- ‘Partitioning was constructed and lined, mostly with tongue and groove timber boarding.’
- ‘If plywood is impractical, 1x6 tongue and groove boards may prove to be an easier solution.’
- ‘Another very useful tool is a laminate flooring clamp, which tightens together tongue and groove boards.’
- ‘The entrance hallway with tongue and groove flooring is complemented by high ceiling with original coving and cornicing.’
- ‘The townhouses and three-bedroom duplexes will also include fireplaces, en suite bathrooms, downstairs guest bathrooms and tongue and groove timber flooring on the top floor.’
- ‘Finally, insulate the cavities and then install sheets of tongue and groove plywood subfloor, using adhesive along with your fasteners.’
- ‘Features of the development include natural gas central heating, double glazed windows, cobblelock driveways, en suite master bedrooms, tongue and groove flooring upstairs and a levelled and seeded front garden.’
- ‘To the right the living room retains its original tongue and groove floorboards and features a cast iron fireplace with carved wooden mantelpiece.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.