Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Wooden planking in which adjacent boards are joined by means of interlocking ridges and grooves down their sides.
- ‘The ceiling has a light washed tongue and groove cladding and exposed oak beams, while the flooring is recently laid birch.’
- ‘If plywood is impractical, 1x6 tongue and groove boards may prove to be an easier solution.’
- ‘A high ceiling and original coving are found in the entrance hall, off which the dining room has tongue and groove wooden floors and an open fireplace.’
- ‘The long, narrow entrance hall is decorated in a rich orange colour and features tongue and groove wooden flooring.’
- ‘The flooring is tongue and groove flooring and there is a nicely fitted kitchen and fully tiled bathroom.’
- ‘Partitioning was constructed and lined, mostly with tongue and groove timber boarding.’
- ‘The houses will also have tongue and groove timber flooring upstairs and walled back gardens.’
- ‘Features will include oil fired central heating, contemporary fitted kitchens, tongue and groove flooring upstairs and French doors leading to the back gardens.’
- ‘The material comes in individual boards with tongue and groove edges, roughly eight inches wide by four feet long.’
- ‘Laminate flooring is a tongue and groove interlocking flooring system that rests on top of the existing substrate.’
- ‘The townhouses and three-bedroom duplexes will also include fireplaces, en suite bathrooms, downstairs guest bathrooms and tongue and groove timber flooring on the top floor.’
- ‘Finally, insulate the cavities and then install sheets of tongue and groove plywood subfloor, using adhesive along with your fasteners.’
- ‘Another very useful tool is a laminate flooring clamp, which tightens together tongue and groove boards.’
- ‘The entrance hallway with tongue and groove flooring is complemented by high ceiling with original coving and cornicing.’
- ‘It is painted in warm yellow tones and fitted with varnished tongue and groove floorboards, a picture rail and a fireplace with cast-iron inset and black granite hearth.’
- ‘Features of the development include natural gas central heating, double glazed windows, cobblelock driveways, en suite master bedrooms, tongue and groove flooring upstairs and a levelled and seeded front garden.’
- ‘Also at this level is the spacious bathroom, which features recessed lighting, tongue and groove panelling, a period style bath with telephone shower and a separate power shower.’
- ‘All the houses will feature gas-fired central heating, tongue and groove flooring upstairs and recessed lighting throughout the ground level.’
- ‘There are tongue and groove stained wooden floors throughout and the master bedroom includes an en suite bathroom.’
- ‘To the right the living room retains its original tongue and groove floorboards and features a cast iron fireplace with carved wooden mantelpiece.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.