One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘‘Your hearing's just fine,’ I said tonelessly.’
- ‘She had simply walked into his study, and tonelessly muttered the news to him.’
- ‘‘Leave now,’ he repeated, firmly, yet tonelessly.’
- ‘‘You can stop shaking him now,’ I said tonelessly.’
- ‘The film's opening scene finds her on her psychologist's couch, tonelessly reciting her recipe for braised pigeon in thyme sauce with truffles.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.