- another term for note cluster
- ‘Unusual techniques abound but these performers careen through the tone clusters and microtonal brambles like dancers through dense forests.’
- ‘A brief middle section contains off-beat strumming, while tone clusters finally give way to richly-scored harmonic passagework.’
- ‘Lerner conquered the score's thunderous octaves and tone clusters brilliantly.’
- ‘He turns fashionably Feldman-esque by unceremoniously flattening out the composer's intricate intimacy into dull clumps of tone clusters and aimless arpeggios.’
- ‘It also sounds heavily dissonant due to tone clusters and many tritones.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.