One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The string playing was sinewy, and tonally integrated, a lovely sound which would not disgrace a professional orchestra; particularly pleasing, bearing in mind that this one includes even first year students.’
- ‘This is an aspect that sometimes I miss in Mahler performances and it matters greatly, because Mahler's music is sometimes tonally anchored and sometimes tonally disorientated.’
- ‘Wistful, peaceful, tonally rich, the music is perfect calming therapy.’
- ‘The Reeve, the Shipman, and the Merchant's Tales are in a similar vein, although tonally they are all quite different.’
- ‘I've always been frustrated by the ending we saw in the cinema, which strikes me as tonally appropriate, but utterly unconvincing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.