One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A popular name for any of a number of small active songbirds, especially a tit or a chickadee.
- ‘There are fernbirds and tomtits that should also return.’
- ‘The bush has abundant bird life, including the bellbird, tomtit, rifleman, wood pigeon and grey warbler.’
- ‘There we were introduced to matai and totara and other natives, and also to birds - tomtits, warblers and fantails.’
- ‘Forest parrots/kaka came down to see the visitors, and there were lots of tomtits / ngirungiru, fantails/piwakawaka, bellbirds/korimako and tuis.’
- ‘In this area you may see the brown creeper, tomtit, robin, bellbird, rifleman, wood pigeon, falcon and kea.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.