A technique for displaying a representation of a cross section through a human body or other solid object using X-rays or ultrasound.
- ‘They can be treated by percutaneous drainage guided by ultrasonography or computed tomography if the pancreatic injury was minor.’
- ‘Ultrasonography and computed tomography are the imaging studies of choice.’
- ‘We used plain radiography or computed tomography to diagnose pneumonia.’
- ‘The diagnosis may be confirmed with plain radiography, computed tomography, or endoscopy.’
- ‘Ultrasonography and computed tomography will show the size, position, and number of liver cysts and any extrahepatic cysts.’
1930s: from Greek tomos slice, section + -graphy.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.