One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of the Spanish city of Toledo or its inhabitants.‘a typical 16th century Toledan house’
- ‘After a typical Toledan lunch of partridge cooked with vinegar, herbs, and lots of onion, we decided to leave those visions behind.’
- ‘His influence continued in Toledan painting in the hands of followers such as Antonio de Comontes.’
- ‘The design of the implements in the latter Bible and the composition as a whole show much in common with the Toledan predecessor.’
1A native or inhabitant of the Spanish city of Toledo.‘the leading Toledans were invited to a banquet’
- ‘Most Toledans now live outside the city, though some families have remained in their wood-framed homes for centuries.’
- ‘The association will certainly pay off for Toledans looking to build a new house.’
- ‘Many Toledans decided to unload their canvases on wealthy foreigners just before the tides of taste began to turn.’
2‘the association will pay off for Toledans looking to build a new house’variant spelling of Toledoan
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.