One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He'd opened and Rocky had stumbled in just two hours ago, yet he couldn't stand up to his boss, even if he was a toadish slob who had long since lost the will to live and did everything to make sure his employees were also miserable.’
- ‘It was about two inches long and it looked more toadish than frogish.’
- ‘Teenaged girls frequently run away when they discover the identity of the toadish middle-aged man they're supposed to lose their virginity to at 3 p.m. the next day.’
- ‘Hurriedly picking every coin, he stuffed his empty purse and headed for town, joy radiating from his toadish countenance.’
- ‘The one night stand seems, despite his toadish ways after the event, to be a genuinely kind and intelligent individual, even as he's trying to weasel out of a relationship.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.