One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
With a uniform reduction or enlargement.‘it is hard to build models to scale from a drawing’
- ‘The hugely impressive peace garden involved the digging out of a large map of Ireland from a grid drawn to scale.’
- ‘If there are increasing returns to scale, this output reduction means an increase in average cost.’
- ‘Draw a room to scale and learn about choosing materials and accessories.’
- ‘My picture of the world is drawn in perspective, and not like a model to scale.’
- ‘Draw it to scale on graph paper which you can find at your local discount store.’
- ‘Models of the planets are situated along the path, to scale with their size and the distance between them in the galaxy.’
- ‘Use graph paper, making each square equal a given dimension to get all the components to scale.’
- ‘Draw out your bedroom dimensions and on another sheet cut out your furniture to scale.’
- ‘He arranged for a model of Khe Sanh built to scale to be set up in the White House basement.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.