One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
With a uniform reduction or enlargement.‘it is hard to build models to scale from a drawing’
- ‘Use graph paper, making each square equal a given dimension to get all the components to scale.’
- ‘He arranged for a model of Khe Sanh built to scale to be set up in the White House basement.’
- ‘Draw out your bedroom dimensions and on another sheet cut out your furniture to scale.’
- ‘My picture of the world is drawn in perspective, and not like a model to scale.’
- ‘If there are increasing returns to scale, this output reduction means an increase in average cost.’
- ‘Draw it to scale on graph paper which you can find at your local discount store.’
- ‘Models of the planets are situated along the path, to scale with their size and the distance between them in the galaxy.’
- ‘Draw a room to scale and learn about choosing materials and accessories.’
- ‘The hugely impressive peace garden involved the digging out of a large map of Ireland from a grid drawn to scale.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.