One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
According to a customer's specific request or requirements.‘the sweaters are knitted to order’
- ‘Clearly our choices were being cooked to order so there was a delay before the food arrived.’
- ‘A gang of thieves who steal items to order have struck at a pine furniture shop for the second time.’
- ‘It is likely the jewels were stolen to order, and they could well have been offloaded by now.’
- ‘He thinks the animals were stolen to order - but the rustlers bungled the job in the dark.’
- ‘The gang cruised the streets to find high performance luxury cars stolen to order for the job.’
- ‘Experts believe some of the football memorabilia could have been stolen to order.’
- ‘Thieves have been snatching luxury cars in Bedford to order, police are warning.’
- ‘Service is meticulous and as far as we could tell the food was prepared to order.’
- ‘More memorable, however, is the gutsy food, cooked to order and served at a relaxed pace.’
- ‘Rare pieces are stolen to order by gangs who use the works to launder money.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.