One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
According to a customer's specific request or requirements.‘the sweaters are knitted to order’
- ‘The gang cruised the streets to find high performance luxury cars stolen to order for the job.’
- ‘A gang of thieves who steal items to order have struck at a pine furniture shop for the second time.’
- ‘Rare pieces are stolen to order by gangs who use the works to launder money.’
- ‘It is likely the jewels were stolen to order, and they could well have been offloaded by now.’
- ‘More memorable, however, is the gutsy food, cooked to order and served at a relaxed pace.’
- ‘Thieves have been snatching luxury cars in Bedford to order, police are warning.’
- ‘He thinks the animals were stolen to order - but the rustlers bungled the job in the dark.’
- ‘Experts believe some of the football memorabilia could have been stolen to order.’
- ‘Service is meticulous and as far as we could tell the food was prepared to order.’
- ‘Clearly our choices were being cooked to order so there was a delay before the food arrived.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.