One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In my opinion.‘this story is, to my mind, a masterpiece’
in my opinion, in my view, as i see it, to my way of thinking, according to my way of thinking, from my standpoint, personally, in my estimation, in my judgement, in my book, for my money, if you ask meView synonyms
- ‘To call a person a liar, is, to my mind, the most serious and damning thing that a person can do.’
- ‘Worst of all, to my mind, is the appalling waste of natural fish stocks required to feed the farmed industry.’
- ‘So the practical position seems, to my mind, to be clear: such a programme should not at present go ahead.’
- ‘I don't want to ruin it for anyone else who still hasn't got round to watching it, but to my mind, it was amazing.’
- ‘In the whole of my life I have only ever seen three people who, to my mind, moved with true freedom and grace on stage.’
- ‘It's been a predictable hot-ticket and, to my mind, a rather more surprising critical rave.’
- ‘This, to my mind, was exactly what was needed in the Tory party if they were to stand a realistic chance of being elected.’
- ‘In so doing, Dr Joseph has, to my mind, devalued the currency of his doctoral robes.’
- ‘There is a curious sub-group of our species that, to my mind, is as puzzling as plane-spotters.’
- ‘Anyway, to my mind there's a very simple solution to the problem of drug addicts.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.