One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In a substantial way; largely.‘we are all to a great extent the product of our culture’
- ‘There are other covers also available however, the needs of say a poultry farmer differ to a great extent from those of a dairy farmer.’
- ‘This loosened the existing caste rigidities to a great extent.’
- ‘It probably looked odd then, but it has worked to a great extent.’
- ‘According to him, this applies to a great extent to the German market, which is extremely volatile at the moment.’
- ‘The lack of aid in the northeast bothered me to a great extent.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.