One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- archaic spelling of titivate
- ‘Whilst tittivating the deck and coach roof, I used any spare epoxy mix to treat little splits and areas elsewhere.’
- ‘There they are washed, tails tittivated and eyes cleaned before settling down in the clean straw of their stalls to wait their turn in the judging ring.’
- ‘You're just proving my point - that salad has to be tittivated and/or genetically altered to make it edible.’
- ‘This site is continuously meddled with, torn apart and endlessly tittivated.’
- ‘So I have been tittivating… it needs more work yet, but it will look lovely soon!’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.