One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘To ask who should be there is not just a protocol question for the titivation of social secretaries.’
- ‘He stays in the kitchen, supervising the ‘pass’, where the plates get their final titivation before going to the waiters.’
- ‘While I underwent the titivations, the suit had been pressed.’
- ‘Of course, we'll be so busy preparing for this damn party (final unpackings as we assemble newly arrived furniture, last-minute house and garden titivations, shopping etc), I'm not sure I'll have time to blog before Monday.’
- ‘However it may be difficult to increase rental levels to any significant degree without some titivation of the building.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.