One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Frequently researchers attempt to use tithable lists to establish an exact age for an individual.’
- ‘The notation on the tithable list makes it much more likely that Peter is the common ancestor.’
- ‘The Tithe map in particular shows part of the route running over tithable land, although I note that your Council suggests an explanation for this.’
- ‘Deer, rabbits, partridges, pheasants, wildfowl and fish were tithable by special custom only.’
- ‘The tithable lists for two Virginia counties, Norfolk and Amelia, identify those who served before and during the American Revolution, and there is similar data from Perquimans County, North Carolina, for 1810 and 1860.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.