A white unreactive solid that occurs naturally as the mineral rutile and is used extensively as a white pigment.
- ‘Ecopaint is said to work because nitrogen oxide sticks to titanium dioxide and titanium dioxide absorbs heat.’
- ‘The most common prime pigment is titanium dioxide, a white pigment found in both oil and latex paints.’
- ‘Compounds that protect against sun damage include such things as titanium dioxide, para amino benzoic acid, and benzyl cinnamate.’
- ‘So, photonic crystals are now typically made of insulating or semiconducting materials, such as titanium oxide, silicon dioxide, silicon, or gallium arsenide.’
- ‘Sunblocks containing powdered titanium dioxide or zinc oxide dispersed in a base of petroleum jelly became available over 50 years ago.’