Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A white unreactive solid that occurs naturally as the mineral rutile and is used extensively as a white pigment.
- ‘Ecopaint is said to work because nitrogen oxide sticks to titanium dioxide and titanium dioxide absorbs heat.’
- ‘The most common prime pigment is titanium dioxide, a white pigment found in both oil and latex paints.’
- ‘Compounds that protect against sun damage include such things as titanium dioxide, para amino benzoic acid, and benzyl cinnamate.’
- ‘So, photonic crystals are now typically made of insulating or semiconducting materials, such as titanium oxide, silicon dioxide, silicon, or gallium arsenide.’
- ‘Sunblocks containing powdered titanium dioxide or zinc oxide dispersed in a base of petroleum jelly became available over 50 years ago.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.