(of rocks and minerals) containing or yielding titanium.
- ‘Presently ilmenite is being won from titaniferous iron ore deposits in New York, Canada, Finland, and Norway.’
- ‘After the coarse calcite was replaced by fluorite, the titaniferous magnetite rims remain as partly martitized magnetite rims around the fluorite ore pods.’
- ‘The mining of titaniferous ore has affected the region socially, ecologically and economically.’
- ‘The invention relates generally to the art of extracting titanium from titaniferous materials.’
- ‘Geochemical tests on iron samples from the Burmis titaniferous iron deposit were conducted in 1949 by Ottawa's Mineral Dressing and Process Metallurgy laboratory.’