One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A score made by tipping a rebound into the basket.
- ‘His idea of high-scoring offense is drawing a foul and a free throw after seven passes and a tip-in off an offensive rebound.’
- ‘I was making slam dunks, short-range jumpers, transition baskets, baskets off offensive rebounds, tip-ins, everything.’
- ‘To a basketball player, it means that the force he can impart to the ball ranges from that required for a long two-handed set shot to that required for a tip-in a few inches from the basket.’
- ‘His rebounding has been phenomenal and has helped him get some easy baskets off tip-ins…’
- ‘And like Iverson, Wagner is unafraid to challenge the big trees in the paint for boards and tip-ins.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.