One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It is a voice that veers from strident to enveloping warmth in a sentence, occasionally broken by cut-glass tinkly laughter.’
- ‘You might think you had stepped back in time to some gruesome, medieval torture chamber - but for the soothing yellow-coloured walls and tinkly background music which create an ambience of calming relaxation.’
- ‘It has an often light orchestration, with lots of harp, tinkly percussion, and celesta and even harpsichord (which sounded, to my ears, a bit wrong for a late - 19 th-century American salon).’
- ‘We should also mention that the gallery has set up some speakers in the gallery playing tinkly avant-garde piano music.’
- ‘And the tinkly Christmas music playing in the background?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.