One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A children's building toy consisting of pieces held together by pegs in holes.
- ‘The Tinkertoy was introduced in 1914, the result of two friends from two walks of life but with one interest.’
- ‘In addition, a contemporary set of Tinkertoys is available for kids to see what they can create!’
- ‘In time, we outgrew Tinkertoy and moved to greater challenges like Lincoln Logs or Erector Sets.’
- ‘This space station looks like a Tinkertoy assembly of one 88-meter-long beam, with four wing-like power panels at each end, and a collection of centrally mounted cylinders - the modules.’
- ‘It may yet click its way to victory after victory, a monument to the Tinkertoy dreams of childhood.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.