One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A children's building toy consisting of pieces held together by pegs in holes.
- ‘In time, we outgrew Tinkertoy and moved to greater challenges like Lincoln Logs or Erector Sets.’
- ‘In addition, a contemporary set of Tinkertoys is available for kids to see what they can create!’
- ‘This space station looks like a Tinkertoy assembly of one 88-meter-long beam, with four wing-like power panels at each end, and a collection of centrally mounted cylinders - the modules.’
- ‘It may yet click its way to victory after victory, a monument to the Tinkertoy dreams of childhood.’
- ‘The Tinkertoy was introduced in 1914, the result of two friends from two walks of life but with one interest.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.