One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Only rich tinkerers could afford an automobile before Henry Ford developed an assembly line to make cars cheap and reliable enough for everyone.’
- ‘Wicketkeepers are notorious tinkerers, especially with regard to their kit.’
- ‘But critics argue the flag is the latest attempt to wrest control from consumers, stifle innovation, create inconvenience, turn tinkerers into criminals and raise prices - all for a technology that won't stop piracy anyway.’
- ‘Obviously, tinkerers have been opening up gadgets for centuries and mucking with them.’
- ‘More than mere tinkerers, record-breakers push the world of possibility beyond the borders of perceived reality.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.