One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- technical term for ringworm
- ‘Ringworm is a highly contagious fungal disease like tinea that is totally preventable and treatable with persistent home care.’
- ‘It's not a fun topic, but your feet can suffer from a variety of fungal infections that are a form of tinea, or ringworm.’
- ‘The medical name for ringworm of the scalp is tinea capitis; ringworm of the body is called tinea corporis; and ringworm of the nails is called tinea unguium.’
- ‘Tinea corporis refers to tinea anywhere on the body except the scalp, beard, feet, or hands.’
- ‘The treatment consisted of broad-spectrum antibiotics, pain medication, and, of course, antifungal cream for the tinea.’
Late Middle English: from Latin, ‘worm’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.