One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A pair of clippers for cutting sheet metal.
- ‘Please make sure you double check the product details on the shop's site BEFORE you order the Gilbow g69 nb nut/bolt for tinsnips and also read our Accuracy of Product Information statement below.’
- ‘A camera with multiple lenses duplicated the image on a sizable sheet of iron, which could then be cut up with tinsnips, yielding six pictures for twenty-five cents.’
- ‘Available with straight or curve blades, these tinsnips are intended for light duty work.’
- ‘I've used a lot of tools on computers before, including 5-pound sledgehammers, but I've never had to take tinsnips to a case interior before..’
- ‘Measure along the sides and the top of the door jamb and cut the spring metal to the correct length with tinsnips.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.