One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A graphic representation of the passage of time as a line.
- ‘Producing such shows requires initial designs, then intricate plotting to determine growing timelines.’
- ‘This time I wrote an enormous supporting document and embellished it with colour coded timelines, tables, schedules and diagrams.’
- ‘The vicious rumour persists to this day, even though the timeline of events completely negates this possibility.’
- ‘Both timelines converge at the end, when the movie reaches its powerful climax.’
- ‘We need to blend a timeline of events in America with those in Australia too.’
- ‘The team generates goals, timelines, diagrams, process maps, ideas and features displayed for all to see.’
- ‘The papers, produced by the Executive's lawyers, include a detailed timeline of events.’
- ‘She organized all this information into timelines and vast collections of files, which then became exhibits and books.’
- ‘We organized logistics such as meetings, timelines, deadlines, practices, and carpools.’
- ‘This timeline contains some of the major events that affect Canadian biodiversity.’
- ‘It is illustrated with cartoons and offers the reader a few simple charts, plus a timeline at the end of each chapter.’
- ‘It's full of maps, galleries, timelines and interactive segments.’
- ‘The timeline above lists only those events that made it to the international press.’
- ‘They divided up tasks and used their copious notes to follow the timeline of events.’
- ‘As a rule, a good specification also should use various organizational or equipment timelines as reference points.’
- ‘When it comes to writing about the past, Val told Louise it's important to get the timelines of events right.’
- ‘Throughout the planning period, give each presenter specific timelines regarding his or her presentation.’
- ‘The addition of a timeline would have helped readers maintain their bearings.’
- ‘One of the most useful features of this book is the timeline of events following the last chapter.’
- ‘This is how the court can effectively monitor timelines and events.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.