Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A graphic representation of the passage of time as a line.
- ‘We need to blend a timeline of events in America with those in Australia too.’
- ‘We organized logistics such as meetings, timelines, deadlines, practices, and carpools.’
- ‘It is illustrated with cartoons and offers the reader a few simple charts, plus a timeline at the end of each chapter.’
- ‘Both timelines converge at the end, when the movie reaches its powerful climax.’
- ‘This time I wrote an enormous supporting document and embellished it with colour coded timelines, tables, schedules and diagrams.’
- ‘The addition of a timeline would have helped readers maintain their bearings.’
- ‘This is how the court can effectively monitor timelines and events.’
- ‘She organized all this information into timelines and vast collections of files, which then became exhibits and books.’
- ‘Throughout the planning period, give each presenter specific timelines regarding his or her presentation.’
- ‘Producing such shows requires initial designs, then intricate plotting to determine growing timelines.’
- ‘This timeline contains some of the major events that affect Canadian biodiversity.’
- ‘When it comes to writing about the past, Val told Louise it's important to get the timelines of events right.’
- ‘One of the most useful features of this book is the timeline of events following the last chapter.’
- ‘It's full of maps, galleries, timelines and interactive segments.’
- ‘The papers, produced by the Executive's lawyers, include a detailed timeline of events.’
- ‘The vicious rumour persists to this day, even though the timeline of events completely negates this possibility.’
- ‘As a rule, a good specification also should use various organizational or equipment timelines as reference points.’
- ‘The timeline above lists only those events that made it to the international press.’
- ‘They divided up tasks and used their copious notes to follow the timeline of events.’
- ‘The team generates goals, timelines, diagrams, process maps, ideas and features displayed for all to see.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.