One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An indication of rhythm following a clef, generally expressed as a fraction with the denominator defining the beat as a division of a whole note and the numerator giving the number of beats in each bar.
- ‘So tonight he wants half the crowd to clap in 6/8 time whilst the other half are guided on how to use a different time signature.’
- ‘Their suggestion for this week is to write something in a weird time signature.’
- ‘This resulted in irregular phrases and bar-lengths, with no regular pulse, and as a result much of this music has no time signature and is left unbarred.’
- ‘As he progresses, he will also learn to distinguish various musical expressions such as time signature, rests, and tempo.’
- ‘The shifting time signature initially distinguishes the track, but the song goes in too many directions and eventually splinters.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.