A series of values of a quantity obtained at successive times, often with equal intervals between them.
- ‘Some hoped to be able to predict time series of stock values in this way.’
- ‘The time series were obtained in four different experimental sessions.’
- ‘The statistical analysis of environmental time series has to take these points into account.’
- ‘The light line is an exponential, long-run trend line fitted to the time series by statistical regression.’
- ‘The last chapters discuss interpolation and graduation, index numbers, and time series.’