Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Time considered as an independent variable in the analysis or measurement of time-dependent phenomena.
- ‘The frames are analyzed in a time domain to produce at least one comparison index, after which an appropriate block size is selected for the transform coder.’
- ‘Next month we will take a look at transmission line tests and measurements in the time domain.’
- ‘Here, rescaling the rotational velocity is equivalent to stretching the time domain.’
- ‘The time domain may at times lend itself more readily to visual interpretation.’
- ‘The beginning of data input and output was synchronized via trigger lines so that multiple data blocks could be averaged in the time domain.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.