One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Forever.‘we'll be here till doomsday if you don't hurry up’
- ‘If you reply to him, you will get another ‘nice’ letter and another and another, until doomsday or until he figures out your address and shows up on your doorstep.’
- ‘We may sing songs about the sweet by and by, preach sermons and say prayers until doomsday, and he will never concern himself about us, if we don't wake anybody up.’
- ‘But I mean, again, we could be speculating from now until doomsday, but there are people who know and it would be appropriate for them to reveal to the world what's going on.’
- ‘The frame is adjustable, and made to last until doomsday.’
- ‘A golfer can visualize hitting a hole-in-one from now until doomsday without it ever happening.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.