One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
For as long as both people in a couple live.
- ‘‘In sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death us do part’: these are words spoken by grown-ups.’
- ‘This promise to love, honor, and cherish till death us do part was precisely a recognition of our new state of unity.’
- ‘God's blessing is bestowed on the couple's pledge of fidelity ‘till death us do part.’’
- ‘Christian marriage is almost defined in terms of loyalty: ‘to have and to hold… for richer, for poorer,… in sickness and in health,… till death us do part.’’
- ‘But maybe players will realise that the idea of planning your possible divorce before vowing ‘till death us do part’ is a victory for pragmatism over romance.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.