One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An African freshwater cichlid fish that has been widely introduced to many areas for food.
- ‘Cheap tilapia is substituted for expensive swordfish, without warning.’
- ‘The central part of this dish is tilapia, a fresh water fish with white flesh and a flaky texture.’
- ‘Whole fish such as tilapia are served hot off the grill and topped with tangy onion and tomato.’
- ‘In Namibia two types of fresh water fish, the tilapia and catfish are farmed.’
- ‘Hot off the grill, the tilapia was a whole fish, plump and meaty and perfectly cooked.’
Modern Latin, of unknown origin.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.