Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An African freshwater cichlid fish that has been widely introduced to many areas for food.
- ‘The central part of this dish is tilapia, a fresh water fish with white flesh and a flaky texture.’
- ‘Cheap tilapia is substituted for expensive swordfish, without warning.’
- ‘Hot off the grill, the tilapia was a whole fish, plump and meaty and perfectly cooked.’
- ‘Whole fish such as tilapia are served hot off the grill and topped with tangy onion and tomato.’
- ‘In Namibia two types of fresh water fish, the tilapia and catfish are farmed.’
Modern Latin, of unknown origin.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.