One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A style of play involving highly accurate short passing and an emphasis on retaining possession of the ball.‘the foundation of Spain's success was obviously tiki-taka’as modifier ‘their tiki-taka style’
- ‘Germany has adopted a special tiki-taka style with passing accuracy, skill, and pace that other teams cannot handle.’
- ‘These teams probably expect us to just park the bus but from what I can see we want to play tiki-taka type of football.’
- ‘When he was brought in as manager, talk revolved mainly around Tiki-Taka football.’
- ‘The relentless passing style of 'tiki-taka' became Barcelona's trademark towards the end of the last decade.’
- ‘The success has only reinforced that tiki-taka is still the dominant style of play in Europe.’
- ‘With pace and tiki-taka, Liverpool could make an imposing start to the season.’
- ‘He has now been thrust into the hot seat and has abandoned part of the tiki-taka philosophy.’
- ‘There is no chance of him developing his tiki-taka football.’
- ‘Spain's "tiki-taka" style of play had not been working as well in recent years.’
- ‘He is still the only manager to have found an answer to tiki-taka.’
Early 21st century: from Spanish tiqui-taca, probably originally imitative. The term was originally associated with FC Barcelona.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.